Sunday 24 August 2008

The Rush Continues

THE RUSH CONTINUES

Tuesday was a visit to the pub in elgin for a £5 freezeout with everyone getting 2000 to start with and 1500 at 9pm even if you had been knocked out before then. I manged to take the comp down for my first win in the pub league dispte geting called by AK when i pushed all in with A7 with just 4 players left catching a 7. It seemed that everything was going right for a change. Wednessday was the £10 rebuy in the nash and i was expecting things to change. I kept getting cards and winning races when my chips werent in danger, getting the bookie all in (for less than half my stack) with QJ on a 49T flop unfortunately for me i wasnt aslive as i hoped when he turned over the QT, the 8 on the river help send George to the cash game though, Davie the Clam had come to my table with a monster stack but i was happy as i had postion on him and an equally huge stack i called his EP raise with 33 when he checked the AJx flop i bet out out he folded his QQ face up i showed my 33. On the final table i had a huge stack and we got down to 3 players quickly. I wasnt keen on a deal with the clam on the table i knew it would be between me and the 3rd player till we got heads up. unfortunately he got a few chips off me then i doubled him up when he limped UTG/button i had QQ so made it 12k more with the blinds at 2/4k on a 235 rainbow board i checked to reraise him but he moved all in with his A5 (92k) i of course called and the 4 on the turn ended my rush. i still had 60k+ and took down a couple of small pots and then busted when i rivered the nut straight and pushed for the clam to call after rivering the nut flush (checked it on flop and turn with his draw).


THE RUSH ENDS

Saturday was a £25 freezout organised by the guy who runs the local nbuts poker league games, i took totally control of the game from the first hand showing my bluff after getting called preflop on the flop and on the turn, the guy involved wasnt prepared to call the river bet, now i got players where i wanted them lacking experiance they were soon open raising for all there chips. Some of the regulars were complaining that the standard was so poor they had no chance and that thy prefered to go home han play on. I loved the poor standard of play was making moves left right and centre while still getting paid on my big hands. At one stage i had more chips than the rest of my table put together. Willie who runs the league got crippled and pushed in for about 5 bbs i was in cut off and could tell the blinds and button was going to let it pass. it was less than 10% of my stack i called blind and my 93o took out his QJo. We break for the final and i knew 2 reasonable good players were on the final Alan who is a bit of a rock and a steady player who was a regular at the nash and Daz whom i had iven a lift through from Elgin. They had warned me about a young guy who was on the other table whom they thought was a good player. I was sat inbetween Alan and Daz with the young boy on Daz's right. It soonbecame obvious that the young boy wasnt that good but was very aggressive but would mix it up but couldnt lay down hands or draws. There was a drunken idiot who had been at the football earlier at the other end of table and he was changing the dynamics. He wanted a lift back up the round living 9 miles from me i told him he could get a lift if he was still around at closing (he was kicked out well before then).
I was using my chips well and maintaining a healthy stack when the rush ended as suddenly as it arrived. I got the young boy in with his Q8 v my AJ, He hit. Then got the drunk in with KT v his AJ on a 45T flop,he hit. suddenly i am down to 7k with the blinds at 600/1200. I managed to get upto 9k made a stop and go against the young boy and got back in the game. Sat with 22k i got Jacks in EP, my raise was called by the big stack, and reraised by the young boy (34k) i called and the big stack layed down. My hand looked good when he turned over his 7s but a 7 on the flop and i was out. Daz and Alan went onto chop the top 2 spots.

No comments: